Tuesday, June 5, 2012

5 Tips for Finding a Job On Campus

So I am not trying to brag...however, each and everyday that I leave the RED Zone I am so overjoyed with my day and what has been accomplished! The RED Zone this year has been the best summer job I have ever had! You can have an awesome job on campus too!!!

Ever since my first year I have had a job on campus. I am going to help you with 5 Tips for finding a job!
1. Check out the Career Centre Website for jobs and other workshops. http://www.yorku.ca/careers/
2. Talk to some offices on campus and see if they need any assistance (I did that for Winters College).
3. Get involved so you have more experience for your resume! yuconnect.yorku.ca
4. Ask friends who already have jobs on campus or visit the RED Zone for assistance!
5. Fill out your student financial profile! http://sfs.yorku.ca/services/sfp/


***The awesome RED Zone Team!***
RED Zone Ambassador Tips:
1. Good hygiene.
2. Good Shoes.

2 comments:

  1. this is exactly what i was looking for, thanks for the post! im hoping its not to late to get a job on campus, any suggestions besides the ones that are listed?
    thanks in advance

    @marlonfrancisco

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marlon,

    I am glad that you could use the information provided. The career centre website is the best one to check out for on and off campus jobs. Check constantly because job postings change all the time. I would honestly just go to certain offices and departments on campus and ask if they need any workstudy students. I know the Tait gym is really great about hiring people right now as well, so maybe bring your cover letter and resume into the gym on campus.

    If you have any other questions feel free to post on here or ask me on twitter (OLindseyO). And have an AWESOME day!

    ReplyDelete